Erykah Badu kicked the Neo-Soul music doors wide open snatching the hinges off in 1996 and got things popping like fish grease. Since that time her voice as an artist has grown along with the respect she’s gained as a woman. Erykah gave birth to a sound that is so unique to her, yet so conscious and so relevant. She’s a woman who is not ashamed of her truth, nor is she afraid to share it.
Aside from the fact that Erykah Badu has a thing for musicians and they clearly have a thing for her, we’ve had the pleasure of learning many things about the Queen of Neo-Soul. Her willingness to share her truth in a raw and uncut fashion is yet another reason why we can’t get enough of Erykah Badu, a.k.a Fat Belly Bella, a.ka. DJ Low-Down Loretta Brown…we could keep going!
SOME THINGS WE HAVE LEARNED FROM HER MUSIC:
- She likes being kissed on the neck.( Kiss My Neck).
- We know she believes in the after life. (Next Lifetime)
- She has no problem giving a fool the boot. (Tyrone)
- She knows the “game”. (Danger)
- Being with her is a life changing experience (Fall In Love… Your Funeral)
- Every now and again she needs some me time. (Window Seat)
- She can make you put your phone down. (Phone Down)
With all that we learned, one of our biggest and most delightful surprises has been her ability to make us laugh while keeping it completely one hunnit! And while I don’t think it’s Erykah’s intention, she has really given us a reason to laugh. In case you have missed out on just how ill she is, allow me to share!
1. Common? LOL
2. She Writes… Of Course!
3. Ninja… Please!
4. No Monkey Business! Maybe.
5. Public Relations For Female Artist
6. Relationship Advice.
— SW. (@_LoveShyanne) January 10, 2016
7. Mommy Dearest!
— Jesus Nigga (@VersaceWater) December 23, 2015
LMAO!! You have to agree, she is a bit of a comedian. I know you are fans too before sure to share this post using the tweet below and chime in via the comments below and share some of your favorite Baduisms with us.