Hey Fit Fam! Let’s talk about breakfast for a moment. Are you a fan of skipping breakfast because you’re always pressed for time? Always on the go? Ha, or how about the famous “I’m not a morning person…so I don’t normally eat breakfast.”
What I’ve learned, and teach my clients is that breakfast is just as important as brushing your teeth in the am. It is a must! Eating breakfast doesn’t have to be some elaborate meal that requires you to slave over the stove top or take 30 minutes or more to prepare. However, it does take a little forethought and planning.
Why breakfast is the most important meal of day!
Breakfast is important because it prepares your mind and body for the day and jump starts your metabolism. Skipping breakfast does more harm than good for the body. I bet you didn’t know that? Today I thought I would share a few of my quick go-to breakfast meals and tips.
Healthy Breakfast Tips and Ideas
- Grab healthy on-the-go food items like fruit, yogurt, english muffins (whole grain), and granola bars.
- When making scrambled eggs, prep the ingredients the night before.
- Peanut Butter Waffles (ditch the syrup and add peanut butter).
- Replacement shake (Shakeology is my favorite).
- Plan to get up at least 15-30 minutes earlier.
- Plan ahead to eat breakfast.
- Breakfast should be no more than 250-300 calories.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Variety is the spice of life!
Here are a few of my favorite breakfast recipes.
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Minced Garlic
- Olive oil
Green White Eggs (inspired by Leandro Carvalho creator of Brazil Butt Lift)
- Swiss Cheese
- Sunny-side up or poached egg
Serve with your favorite fruit.
Old Fashioned Oats
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Almond milk
- Organic Peanut or Almond Butter
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Feta Cheese
So you know that I couldn’t end this post without a few tips for moms. Because I am the mother of three active boys, I am always looking for creative and fun meals for the kids. Check out these 15 On-the Go Breakfast ideas from Parenting.com.
What are some of your favorite things to make for breakfast?
Until next time, Have a fit fun weekend!