Music is a universal language,and it can breathe life into you. So when it comes to picking the songs that you’ll listen to for the rest of your life, it’s no easy task. Here are my picks that I’ll listen to forever.
1. “Sending My Love” – Zhane
Receiving love letters is sweet, so imagining that you’re really sending off your love to your love makes me melt.
2. “I Can Love You” – Mary J. Blige feat. Lil Kim
I mean, I’m not the type to compete with another girl for some dude’s love, but Kim’s breakdown really makes you feel her pain as the ultimate ride-or-die chick.
3. “Rock With You” – Michael Jackson
One of the best songs of all time to listen to.
4. “For the Love of You” – The Isley Brothers
This song makes you want to be in love (if you’re not already) and two-step in your living room a la Cliff and Clair Huxtable.
5. “Water Runs Dry” – Boyz II Men
A heart wrenching song, their harmonies will make you want to mend any broken relationship.
6. “Solid as a Rock” – Ashford & Simpson
It’s one of the best and most fun duets to sing. Shoulder shrugging will ensue.
7. “Something to Talk About” – Bonnie Raitt
This is for when you know people are talking about your relationship (or situationship, as the kids are calling it these days) and you want to pop your sh-t.
8. “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” – Temptations
Fun song to sing while you’re cleaning up on a Saturday morning.
9. “Every Little Step” – Bobby Brown
This song takes you through all the symptoms of new love: insomnia, tossing and turning, and patiently waiting for your phone to ring. We’ve all been there.
10. “You Don’t Know My Name” – Alicia Keys
The ultimate crush song, Alicia takes us through true emotions and thoughts we feel whenever our crush is around.
What are some of your favorite songs?