I feel like I know you guys well enough now to speak candidly. Yes?
This whole weight loss crap is blowing my mind. In my years as an adult I’ve lost and gained the same 30 lbs of fat! Some months I am healthier than others. I can tell by the amount of time it takes me to pump it up the 3 flights of steps to my apartment. I had this silly idea that if I eliminated the red meat from my diet I would drop a few digits from that scale. But I was sadly mistaken.
The lack of protein in my diet now has me yearning for more and more … sugar! My biggest and fattest enemy. So I did some research and learned that adding protein can actually help satisfy my hunger.
Here’s a few good “studies shows” quotes:
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported greater satisfaction, less hunger, and weight loss when fat was reduced to 20% of the total calories in their diets, protein was increased to 30%, and carbs accounted for 50%.
AND GUESS WHAT ELSE…
Nutritionists from Harvard’s School of Public Health say that high-protein diets also help you lose more weight than high-carb diets. When you replace carbs with protein, you can lower your blood fats and blood pressure, and thus your risk of heart disease.
AND DID YOU KNOW ..
Protein helps to build muscle. According to the Mayoclinic.com, muscle burns more calories pound per pound than fat, aiding in boosting metabolism and long-term weight loss.
This got me thinking. In less than 30 days I will be getting lost in the streets of NY everyday. I may need to be on #TeamHealthy .. and stay there. So I’m adding different sources of protein and that dreadful activity that has to be done in order to loose weight unless I get lypo — yes exercise.
Next week, starting on July 16, I will be participating in Jennifer Cohen’s One Week Boot Camp. I think I will get help from my besties and my boo and record some workouts for you. You can see my new workout gear. Fashion rules my life! LOL.
I will also be pairing my work out with a Muscle Milk Protein Shake afterwards which will help me recover. This should be interesting since most protein shakes that I have tried are really chalky in taste. BUT I am here to be your test dummy and report back my experience and that’s what I will do.
In case you don’t want me to feel left out and wanna join me, leave me a comments with your routine!
Muscle Milk® is an ideal blend of protein, fats, good carbohydrates and 20 vitamins and minerals to provide sustained energy, spur lean muscle growth and help provide recovery after tough days.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Muscle Milk via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Muscle Milk.