Our eyes are a focal part of our faces which can be accentuated with the right makeup techniques. But makeup can be tricky enough to apply without even bringing contact lenses into the mix. Say goodbye to panda eyes and keep your eyes looking healthy and beautiful with these quick and easy tips on how to apply makeup.
1. The general rule of thumb when applying makeup is to put your contact lenses in first. The way I remember it is in alphabetical order – C for contact lenses comes before M for makeup – sounds silly but works every time.
2. This also applies to removing makeup too. Lenses should be removed before makeup – simple!
3. Inserting contact lenses before applying makeup means that you will avoid smearing your makeup while trying to apply them. Also it means that you will be able to see more clearly, thus making it easier to apply your make up.
4. Remember to always wash your hands throughly, using an anti-bacterial wash or soap before you apply your lenses. Make sure you dry them thoroughly before you put them anywhere near your eyes.
5. Never ever apply eyeliner to the inner surface of your eyelids as this may cause irritation which in turn could lead to an infection. If you want to wear eyeliner, apply it gently to the outer area of your eyelids just above your eyelashes. This will not only accentuate and open up your eyes but will ensure that any discomfort is avoided.
6. Avoid oil-based products. Instead opt for hypoallergenic varieties as these are a lot more kinder on the eyes and skin. Always replace your makeup every month to lower your risk of eye problems and infections.
7. If you are a big advocate of eye shadow then apply cream-based ones carefully so that they don’t leak into your eyes. For powder-based eye shadows then apply these with eyes closed. Brush off any of the excess before opening your eyes.
8. For contact lens wearers, it is advised that you use water-based cream eye shadows as they are less likely to cause irritation if they come into contact with your eyes.
Now, you are all set to go and be pretty! If you feel that contact lenses are not for you, there are a number of designer glasses out there to suit your face shape and your style.
Like GorgeousInGrey On Facebook For The Latest Style & Beauty Trends!