If you have stumbled upon my blog by accident – lucky you! LOL.
Each Friday I participate in a blog group where we answer questions on a topic related to blogging. Kudos again to Katy from ModlyChic for being an awesome moderator.
This week we are discussing how connected with are with YOU .. the reader, and what we can do to improve.
1. How important do you think reader connectedness is to the success
of your blog? Just as the image above implies, if no one is reading your blog it doesn’t matter. You might as well just stand in front of your bathroom mirror and ramble to yourself all day. Successful blogs are the blogs people go back to and read faithfully.
2. What do you do to draw readers in and create that writer-reader
bond? I am new to blogging so I am still finding my way and trying to gain more readership. But I plan to do more giveaways and surveys to connect with my readers.
3. What is one way you could improve this connection? I find that when I post something giving my honest opinion people comment more and really feel more connected to me and my blog. In 2011 I will try to blog more about the things that I like. I am my niche!
4. Is there a blogger you think does a great job creating that writer-
reader bond? Why? Someone once told me that personal blogs are the hardest to brand because they have no “niche”. But I find that many of my favorite bloggers (BryanBoy, LoveBrownSugar, CurvesAndChaos) are folks who blog about their random finds, and their journey in fashion. I believe when you are honest, and more importantly vulnerable to your reader, a bond is created. Now your reader can relate to you. They saw that same skirt or blouse in Bloomies and couldn’t afford it either!
5. What do you do to cultivate new readers? How do you get them to
your site in the first place? Again in all of my newness I haven’t figured it out yet. For now I use twitter heavily. I started using hashtags, like #fashion or #fashionblogging, to draw new readers in.
*The Friend Friday project by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and create a friendly connection with other bloggers. Join the conversation by joining the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Google Group. (thanks GritandGlamour for the “exact” wording)