I’ve totally been slipping on my Friend Friday posts but this week I got super excited when I noticed the questions were about influences and inspiration. For me blogging only happens when I am inspired so I seek inspiration daily. Whether it’s from another blogger, a magazine, a walk in the park – I crave inspiration like some sort of drug. I have to have it! Read our Q&A and be sure to chime in at the end of this post.
1. What magazines do you subscribe to? I have no subscriptions (at the moment) but I make it my business to head over to my favorite magazine shop on Houston St in NY. Right now I am reading ELLE (UK & US), Ebony, Essence, and Jones Magazine. Jones Magazine is a fairly new publication that really caters to women who are fashion savvy. I like to think that’s me.
I am also a huge fan of UK magazines. I think I wanna move overseas soon. *thinking of a plan*
2. Do you watch any fashion TV shows? Wowsers, I rarely watch TV and when I do it’s not Gossip Girl. Don’t shoot me but I’ve never watched. I am more of a Grey’s Anatomy chick. I’ve got All In The Line waiting on the dvr at my bf’s house but I haven’t had a moment to watch. One Sunday (and soon) I will take the entire day to be a couch potato and catch up on what Joe Zee is teaching those young designers.
3. Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion inspiration? I frequent WWD a lot. Now I do share a subscription for that. But blogs are mainly what I read. Often it seems that we get the information first anyways. My twitter refreshes every 2 minutes (literally) so a lot of my inspiration comes from there too. I follow tons of editors and I love viewing their twitpics all while dreaming of the day I get to attend all the fancy glammed out events.
4. Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… what ads do you like and why? OH I love love love Dolce & Gabbana ads. So anything that pushes that offensive fashion line near the edge and smacks all the uptight fashionistas in the booty. Yep, I’m crushing on it! Recently I’ve become a Tom Ford fan. Simply because he’s also a photographer so his imagery is always crisp and vivid in color.
5. Do you own any fashion books? I was half way finished reading Kelly Cutrone’s book (If You Have To Cry Go Outside) before I lost it. From what I read it was amazing. I was so pumped yet blown when I met her at NYFW because I didn’t have my book on hand for her to sign, le sigh!
Join in on the fun and leave me a comment. I want to know what inspires you! (for some new inspirations)