(Belated) New Year!
Now that the new year is finally here, I wanna chat a little about those trends in 2011 that we’d rather not take with us into 2012. Thanks to celebrities (and bloggers) there’s a few that have been overworked, mishandled, and abused. I polled my twitter family just before the holidays and here’s our top 8 trends we’re planning to kill off, soap opera style, this year.
1. Feather Accessories. Although my twitter followers all agreed I am on the fence with this trend. Depending on how it’s styled I’ve seen a few feathers on the runway that have me swooning for it. So much I did purchase a feather necklace. I think it’s just those darn feather earrings that rock my nerves.
2. False Lashes. I seriously blame the advertisement industry for creating those super unrealistic standards of long voluminous lashes. All those beauty commercials have really got some folks twisted about what’s right and wrong. Unless it’s your birthday, or a photo shoot, or you’re sporting them on the red carpet, it’s a total overkill. And don’t you hate those girls that put lashes on and think not once to apply foundation? *smacking your hand*
3. Jeggings. I just don’t understand them … or why I want pockets and zippers on my leggings. #Shrugs. Just buy a buy a stretch jeans, no?
4. Glasses with no lens. Sure you’re not blind like me, but they do make them with just plastic ya know. I wonder do they ever poke themselves in eye?
5. Invisible Part Weave. I know some of my readers are like huh? I can’t even explain what this is but I do know its not very invisible or believable. Lucky for us Juicy Magazine has a How-To!
6. Kardashian Curls. When I posed the question on twitter this was the number 1 trend to kill with over 40 tweets. I don’t mind as much but it would be nice to insert a hair accessories every now and again, yes?
7. Big Huge Earrings. I really want to write a ‘Dear Basketball Wives-Love And Hip Hop’ post but I feel like it’s a waste. Evelyn and the rest of those drama hags have just created a monster my eyes can’t handle anymore. I didn’t mind as much in the beginning. I even own a few pairs myself. Now it’s just … very .made in china’.
8. Sequins Uggs. This trend goes against every thing I believe. The sequins material is fun and shiny. It a great evening accessories. It’s meant to be on a skirt, or a purse, or on a really sexy pump. But putting them on Uggs (the UGGliest shoe alive) that’s like the tuxedo tee shirt? Why!
Well that’s all we could think of. So which trend totally send your pressure up when you see someone sporting it?[poll id=’3′]
Did I miss any, chime in below in the comments sections.