If you haven’t noticed by now I am in love with the term “Shoe-A-Cide” It’s so perfect for my love/hate relationship with heels – especially luxury heels. And by luxury I mean shoes over $300.00. You see, I am not and will never ever be the gal to go broke for a pair of shoes. I’ve got bills and there’s no sponsorship for my shoe game, Le Sigh! It pained my heart to spend $175 on a pair of Jeffrey Campbell wedges but I loved them so much I committed shoe-a-cide for them!After my purchase I headed over to Net-A-Porter for sh*ts & giggles (one of my favorite sites for all things luxury) and I picked out 6 shoes with ridiculous prices tags. In my mind I just “threw em in the bag” and didn’t check the tags at all.
- Brian Atwood – Martina Swarovski crystal-embellished satin peep-toe pumps, $1,820 (You know if I were getting married and loved my bridesmaids I would so gift these shoes. Or perhaps just wear them to brunch myself!)
- GUCCI – Crystal-embellished silk-satin peep-toe pumps, $1,995 (I love me some embellishment! Perfect LBD shoe!)
- CHARLOTTE OLYMPIA- Bebel textured cotton platform pumps, $930 (Platforms are by far a fav of mine. They offer the best support and these will give you an instant vintage mod look.)
- ALEXANDER MCQUEEN – Engraved leather cage ankle boots, $1,375 (I think I love all things McQueen, even though I am pretty sure I will not be able to walk more than 4 steps in them! Peep that heel!)
- PIERRE HARDY – Ostrich peep-toe pumps, $1,020 (This spring color is in. And since I play it safe with my “all black everything” these will surely brighten up any look)
- RICK OWENS – Organza-trimmed leather wedge sandals, $2,240 (This wedge is my wild card, I am not certain it’s totally worth the tag but I think I love it for it’s uniqueness. I doubt you’ll see someone else in your shoe?)
Chime in: What shoe(s) would you commit Shoe-A-Cide for?
(image source: net-a-porter)